Saturday, December 29, 2012

The Blessing of Children

As I've gotten older, I often feel like some of the magic has left things like Christmas, Disneyland, and especially snow. The last few months, I've been reminded of just how magical life can be because there's nothing like seeing the world through a child's eyes.

I went to Disneyland with my sister's family in October. I never tire of Disneyland, but there is a new element added when you are there with an 18 month old and a 4 year old. Watching them was so much fun! There was excitement and wonder in their faces as they discovered the magic of Disney.

We just celebrated Christmas. My youngest niece would gasp every time she opened a present. It didn't matter if it was a toy or clothing. She gasped! How often do you gasp with excitement for every gift you receive?

Tubing with my niece and nephew.
I usually am not a fan of snow. It's cold and wet, and in turn, makes me wet and cold. My nieces are up from Arizona and absolutely love the snow. They were so excited that there were snowflakes falling from the sky and had to make sure every one knew about it. We played in the snow and we took them tubing. I haven't been tubing in years, but I was reminded of how much fun it was.

The lesson in all this? Don't forget the magic of childhood. More importantly, make time for the things that matter most, like family and making memories that will last.

In the end, it's your relationship with others that matters most. 
So make the most of it.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the timely reminder! I too find great joy in doing many of the things I enjoyed (and I'm sure most of us have) during childhood.

    ReplyDelete